Manage your solar energy and save
- Accelerate your solar system payback
- Save more than $450/yr* by making use of your solar generated energy.
- Real-time household and solar energy monitoring
- Move away from fossil fuels. The SolarOp system lets you heat your hot water with your own Solar electricity.
* Estimated savings based on typical US hot water consumption. May differ depending on your electric rates.
Installers / OEMs
- Break into new markets by improving your customers payback and increasing their system generation value.
- Add more than 5kWh of energy capacity to off-grid systems, while providing the comfort of hot water without the use of fossil fuels.
- Improve the ROI of solar PV systems in areas where feed-in tariffs are lower than consumption tariffs.
- Load-shed to simplify whole-house battery backup systems
- The SolarOp system produced a net generation of 15 credits while providing hot water throughout the evening.
- The non-SolarOp system purchased energy at a higher rate resulting in a net cost of 60 credits.
- SolarOp reduces energy consumption each day, resulting in savings of more than $450/yr*
Solar energy flowing out from the house to the grid
If your electricity provider does not have 1:1 net metering, exported energy is often credited at a lower rate than consumed energy. The difference between the feed-in and consumption rates represents a potential cost savings.
Solar energy is diverted through the SolarOp module into the heater.
By heating hot water the energy that would normally be exported is instead used. This eliminates or reduces the amount of energy that would be purchased back at a higher rate in order to produce hot water.
Daytime solar generation
Solar energy is redirected to your hot water heater.
Hot water heater is fully heated
Energy is exported to the grid for credit once your hot water heater is fully heated.
Cloudy or snow covered panels
The SolarOp system monitors your hot water tank temperature. If the temperature drops below a configurable limit the SolarOp system will activate the hot water heater to raise the temperature. This ensures a usable water temperature on days when there is insufficient solar generation to heat the water with solar output alone.
Real-time and historical energy monitoring
The energy monitor used in the SolarOp system provides real-time and historical home energy data. A mobile app and website are available to access this information.
SolarOp cloud configuration and monitoring
The SolarOp module connects to the SolarOp cloud service. This provides:
- Mobile and web access to the cloud service
- Configuration and monitoring of the minimum tank temperature
- SolarOp performs monitoring of your system for faults and performs diagnostics and software upgrades.
For other questions about the SolarOp please email email@example.com.